After the past year, there is no reason too small for a celebration, especially if your birthday happens to be a milestone birthday. Whether you’re 18, 21, 40 or even 100, it deserves to be as special as it possibly can. Here are our twenty top tips on how to make the most of your milestone birthday and make it a day that you will never forget.
1. Have a party on zoom! There are so many great ways to have a zoom party and they give you the added bonus of being able to celebrate with your friends and family from all over the world, no matter how far away they live.
2. Wear fancy dress costumes. Whether it is superheroes, back to school or an 80s theme, costumes always go down a treat. You could choose a colour for all of you to wear, re-create old photos or host a night at the movies and all come dressed as your favourite character.
3. Play games. By now you may be all quizzed out but there are so many other games to play that will be fun for the whole family. You could organise or purchase a Murder Mystery kit. You could also try Online Bingo, Pictionary or QuizUp. Zoom also gives you the chance to share your screen, so you could create a PowerPoint and use it to create a slideshow of photos of whoever’s birthday it is. These can be funny, nostalgic or a mixture of both, but they are guaranteed to get your guests talking, even if they’ve never met in person before.
Do something for charity
1. Volunteer for a charity. Instead of spending money on a party, why not ask your friends and family to dedicate their time and spend a few days volunteering with you. You could give your time, even if it is only for a few hours and really help a cause or charity that is local to you.
2. Host a fundraising party. Why not also turn your birthday into a fundraising event? You could have a raffle, create a competition or take buckets around for petty cash. Your party could not only be a celebration but an opportunity to create positive change. Here at Salomons we have a wide range of rooms to choose from and host a variety of fundraising events.
3. Create an online fundraiser. Facebook has a great tool where they help you to raise money for a cause around your birthday. Two weeks before your big day they’ll offer to help you create a fundraiser, with a number of suggestions of charities if you don’t already have one in mind. Then, all your friends will have to do is click on the post to donate.
Share your hobby with friends and family members
1.Try an online course. Why not introduce your friends and family members to your favourite hobby? If you’re a whizz in the kitchen, why not all take a cooking class over zoom? You could make pasta, sushi or even cocktails!
2. Organise a tasting night. You could organise a cheese and wine night and order charcuterie boards for all of you to try. You could even order a craft beer tasting kit and spend the evening tasting different IPAs, beers and stouts.
3. Go for a walk. Once lockdown lifts, you can take your nearest and dearest on your favourite walk or hike. If you do, why not pay a visit to Bewl Water which has some of the most wonderful, scenic walks in Kent.
4. Try a new hobby together. On the other hand, why not try a new outdoor hobby together? You could try canoeing, fishing, rock climbing or even geocaching. You might not have the knack for it straight away but you can relieve the pain with a slice of birthday cake!
1. Book a breakfast meal. Whether you book a restaurant, cafe or hotel, celebrate your birthday surrounded by your nearest and dearest with a breakfast or a brunch. Here at Salomons, we use the finest and freshest ingredients, which are all locally sourced. Breakfast in bed might sound great but you’ll get so many more options when you eat out (and you won’t have to do the washing up!) From croissants to poached eggs, waffles to a stack of pancakes, there’s nothing quite like it. Don’t forget about having birthday cake for dessert – it is your birthday after all! A breakfast celebration is also great as it also gives you the benefit of having the rest of the day to celebrate how you choose.
2. Book breakfast at Salomons. For a more intimate affair, you could book a Salomons Cottage Escape. Sat in our idyllic grounds on the estate, this cottage sleeps six people and a delicious breakfast will be served in the country house the next morning. To enquire, get in touch with a member of our friendly team, who will be more than happy to help.
Go to the seaside
1. Visit the seaside. If there is only a small group of you, take a stay-cation and go and visit the seaside. Not only will you have a great time but walking in the fresh sea air will be great for your mental and physical health.
2. Explore the coast. You could go and take a walk in the sand and have breakfast on the beach or you could go and spend a few hours exploring what the pier has to offer.
3. Try out new water sports. If the weather is warm enough you could all try kayaking, paddleboarding or sailing and then warm up with some fresh fish and chips afterwards – just watch out for the seagulls!
A weekend staycation
1. Book a staycation. Why not book a weekend away? This is a great way to spend time with your friends and family, whilst taking in and enjoying the best of what England has to offer. Take Kent, also known as the Garden of England. If you’re visiting Kent, there is no shortage of things for you to do. There’s our stunning coastline, our famous historic towns or Port Lympne Animal Reserve in Ashford.
2. Book a staycation in Tunbridge Wells. In Tunbridge Wells, you can come and visit the historic Pantiles, the Spa Valley Railway or a number of stately homes and gardens. You could visit tourist hotspots such as Canterbury Cathedral or visit more remote attractions such as the Viking Coastal Trail. Use your milestone birthday as an excuse to go and visit somewhere that you haven’t been to before and have an enjoyable weekend away with those who are closest to you.
3. Book a staycation at Salomons. The Salomons Estate is situated just two miles outside of the spa town of Royal Tunbridge Wells, giving you the chance to visit the city, whilst staying in an idyllic Victorian mansion. We have 36 acres of parkland, woods and gardens, just waiting to be explored.
1. Organise a party! It might be an obvious option but one of the best ways to celebrate your milestone birthday is to have a party! There is nothing more fun than spending a few hours all glammed up, surrounded by all of your friends and family and dancing until the early hours of the morning. What better way to celebrate a milestone birthday than with a celebration of you?
2. Book at a party at Salomons. Here at Salomons, we have a variety of function rooms, so no matter how big or small your party, you can celebrate in style. If you organise a party or an event at Salomans, you’ll get a dedicated team who will make sure your special day goes exactly as planned. Our excellent chefs and banqueting staff will ensure that everybody’s taste is catered to. Our resident DJs will also make sure that the dancefloor is never empty, however, if you want you can instead hire a band of your choice. We also have 47 bedrooms available, so that you’ll only have a two-minute walk from the dancefloor to your bed.
Salomons is the perfect venue to celebrate your milestone birthday at. For more information, get in touch with our friendly and helpful team. We would be delighted to take you through all of your options and help you plan your dream party.