The countdown has officially commenced. Where to start? Do invites need to go out now? When do I need to book photographer? Here we have put together our 12-month planner to help guide you through the lead up to your special day.
12 MONTHS TO GO…
- Set an approximate budget range that you can both work within.
- Create mood boards of the type of themes and style you are after- this can help determine your venue.
- Determine approximate numbers for your guest list. Again, this determines the type of venue you may wish to opt for.
- Choose a date, if you can be flexible then try to be as often venues are booked in advance, having a number of options means to can widen your choices.
- Book your ceremony venue.
- Start look for venues with your chosen dates and number of guests in mind.
10 MONTHS TO GO…
- Research local wedding events, it’s a great idea to attend Wedding Open Days early on to help you generate ideas and begin to budget so you can accommodate for them.
- Start booking key suppliers: florist, caterers, photographers and entertainment (band and DJ). This ensures you avoid any disappointment as many popular suppliers will be booked up well in advance.
- Now’s the time to let close ones know they are your bridesmaids, flower girls, groomsmen and page boys.
- Start dress and suit shopping sooner rather than later, as you may need alterations and adjustments so will need to allow plenty of time.
8 MONTHS TO GO…
- Determine your wedding stationary provider and send brief of your theme so they can ensure your ‘Save the Date’ and invitations all match.
- Make sure you arrive to your special day in style, book all modes of transport early to ensure you arrive to the chapel on time!
- Now you know the colour themes and style of your big day, be sure to discuss these with your florist and any suppliers who may be dressing your venue.
- Once your dress and suit have been determined, it’s time to go bridesmaid and groomsmen shopping.
- Book your honeymoon, after researching destinations its great to have a date in the diary to look forward to after the celebrations.
6 MONTHS TO GO…
- Choose your wedding rings!
- Finalise guest list and send out ‘save the date’ cards, nice and early to ensure all your guests are able to attend!
- Order your wedding cake.
- Many venues offer a ‘Wedding Breakfast Sampling Event’ where you can try different dishes from the menu to ensure your Wedding Breakfast has had the seal of approval from yourselves, ensure to book this in.
- Ensure all beauty treatments and hair and makeup trials are booked in nice and early!
3 MONTHS TO GO…
- Official invites to be sent out to guests to confirm finer details of your special day.
- Write your vows, if you are writing your own now’s a good time to start putting pen to paper.
- Are you providing wedding favours for guests? If so, now is time to start organising them.
- Time to start planning your seating plan, again this may want to go to you stationary provider so it follows the same design as invitations and all other wedding stationary.
1 MONTH TO GO…
- Apply for your marriage license. Do this by contacting the local bureau to where you are getting married.
- Run through all details for the big day to ensure any last minute changes can be made.
- Now is a good time to ask you stationer to design a wedding programme for your guests.
- Shop for any gifts you would like to present to those who have helped with your day (parents bridesmaids etc.)
1 WEEK TO GO…
- Pamper time! Ensure all beauty treatments take place this week so you are aisle ready!
- With only a few days to go make sure you carry out your ceremony rehearsal this week to help calm any nerves.
- Ensure your cases are packed, ready for your honeymoon.
- Pick up your dress and suits!
- Ensure name cards, favours and any other stationary for the table are handed over to your coordinator at your venue.
1 DAY TO GO!
- Relax, you’re ready!